Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Attack of the Glue Stick

The other day I was feeling very motivated and wanted to get some cleaning done. I had the little girls, ducklings 6 and 7 and two little ones that I babysit here. I felt that I could get 15 minutes at a time to work on each room. Things were working pretty well. I was pleased with how much I was able to get done. I had just finished my third 15 minute session of cleaning and had sat down to play on the puter. After a few minutes I realized it was very quiet, especially quiet and missing one child's noises in particular. I went searching for duckling #7 and calling her name. No answer. I begin searching the bedrooms...I find her in ducklings 5 and 6 bedroom...sound asleep...in the stink bug position. She doesn't respond to any of my cries. I go to her and lift her head...only to find that it is stuck!!! She is covered in blue, I look down to find a glue stick next her. I carefully pull her off the mattress...sssccchhhllloooooooooccckkk She has not moved or even twitched yet. I am a worrier and always tend to think worst case scenario right off. I start to think she has poisoned herself, she is going to have brain damage, she is going to be blind, etc, etc, etc!!! I lay her on the couch and run to read the glue stick expecting to find horrible warnings and "call poison control immediately"...I read...and relax, "Non-Toxic" it says, thank heaven. I decide the only thing I can do is take a picture and begin the process of ungluing her eyes, and mouth, and nose, and hair from themselves and each other. I take the picture, no response, I sit her up in the chair...she starts to respond...I wait for some response...all I get is "STOP". She didn't want to be disturbed taking her nap, she didn't want to have her face washed, her eyes unglued, or anything else for that matter.


I will have to post the picture later...my cord is missing...again....are you shocked?

No comments: