Sunday, October 16, 2005

Losing a Loved One

I have always been afraid of the dying process, mainly because I have never experienced it before. But this weekend our beloved family pet, our dog Kiara died at home with her family. We spent the day sunday, knowing that she was going, making her comfortable, sharing memories, praying she would go quickly. These moments were hard but precious. The children talked about each of the special things they loved about her. We sat by her side and had family prayer. We cried and she cried with us. Hubby gave her a priesthood blessing and asked our Heavenly Father to take her quickly. She finally passed Sunday evening at 9:50 it was peaceful at the end and for that I am greatful. I am not afraid of the process as much anymore. I will be forever greatful for that last gift she gave me, and for the seven great years we shared with her. I know she is in a better place, happier, running free, and knowing that I can be at peace.

No comments: