Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Moving at the Speed of Children

Why is it that children grow up faster than we would have it? My children are so independent, they don't need me. I am only here for the ride to school when they don't want to walk with their instruments. Or when they think they need money. When it comes to things that they think they can do by themselves they don't want mom to be near. Heaven forbid mom give them some guidance or reassure them. That is until they have triumphed and then they want to tell me all about it. So I guess that is the beauty of their independance, it is always me they want to share that with. I suppose I am blessed with many triumphs in my day and should be proud as they learn, on their own, life's little lessons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa! I often feel so sad at the independence of my kids! What ever happened to the needing MOMMY? But, My mother in law always reminds me that that is how you know you are a good MOMMY! When they don't NEED you anymore, you have taught them well.