Friday, October 24, 2008

Zillions of Blessings!

I am feeling so blessed tonight. For two months since I turned in my notice at work I have prayed that the Lord would provide for us. That somehow, through Him, we would be able to make it with me quitting my job. I have not worked for extra money. I have worked to survive. We have been waiting for a promotion for Hubby that has been promised but not given for over a year now. He was made the assistant warehouse manager in July of 2006. We thought he would be in that position for about a year. It has been over 2 and it doesn't look like things are going to change anytime soon.
Sorry, a little side note there. Anyway...I knew I needed to come home and be with my family after our second visit from child protective services and issues with the babysitting situation. I didn't know what we would do. Today was my last day at work. I left on good terms. My boss said he would definitely rehire me when I am ready to come back to work. He also said that he would call me to do some consulting work and it may be as soon as next month! I told him I would do anything as long as I could do it at home...I had to quite because he wouldn't let me work at home before! What a blessing. Hubby had been resetting the freezer in the warehouse all day. When he was done. He came home with a boat load of food that couldn't be sold, either because it was out of code or damaged packaging! Another Blessing!
Flash back to Wednesday night. It was the open house before the opening of Costco here in town. I had gone with some girlfriends to take a look around and eat some free food. I love Costco and have missed it soooooo much since moving to Pocatello. The one thing I love is the cakes! Their bakery makes the best and the cheapest cakes. We used to order one for every birthday. I had planned to come back the next day to order a cake for Duckling #6's birthday this week. The next day I was getting ready to go back to Costco and the Spirit told me not to go. I thought about the fact that I was quitting my job and really didn't have the money to do it. I figured I could just make a cake at home...Back to this evening. After Hubby brought out the boat load of food he went back into the building to go get more. The more was what the real blessing was....Two count them One, TWO!!! Cakes from one of the owner's daughters weeding this summer! I am amazed! The Lord knew what I wanted and He provided my wants for me all because I trusted and obeyed the Spirit! I love my Heavenly Father and I know that he knows me and loves me. I am His daughter and have the right to have His blessings. Thank you Heavenly Father for loving me enough to do some thing that must seem so small to you but so HUGE to me!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I cannot believe how much your kids have grown. I guess it has been awhile. Your family looks great. That must be so nice to not have work anymore. Just keep trusting in the Lord. I wondered what we were going to do for money when Josh started school and I wasn't working. Somehow it all works out!

Terina said...

Thanks for sharing that inspiring story! You are amazing!