Tuesday, June 10, 2008

#4, #4, #4...or Chip as he is now affectionately named!


Today was #1 and #2's last game. It has been horrible weather all season and today was no exception. The kids were trying to keep themselves busy by running and playing so that they wouldn't be cold.It didn't take long for something exciting to happen. I don't even think we got through the top of the first inning. #4 was running around doing who knows what behind the bleachers when all of the sudden he comes running up crying his eyes out. He has a little scratch on his cheek and is trying to explain to me that he wasn't watching where he was running and ran smack in to the tree that was immediately behind the bleachers. I am trying to console him when he stands up and starts sticking his fingers in his mouth. I peak in to check if he is bleeding and find that half of 3...count them 3, teeth are missing. He had ran into the tree so hard he chipped 3 teeth!!! I am freaking out! These are permanent teeth, not baby teeth. I am counting the dollars adding up for 3 caps. Hubby was able to come to watch the game so I left him with the other kids and I left with #4 to get him some ice and some Motrin and call the dentist. As I was walking to the car I realized Heavenly Father was watching over us. The blessing in all of this was that we were playing the Rockies, our dentist's son's team and the dentist was sitting in the other bleachers. I walked right up and explained what happened and Dr Paul checked him out and said we could wait till tomorrow to fix them if he wasn't in too bad of pain. He gave me his cell phone number so that I could call him at the game after we got some ice and some medicine and assessed the situation our of the wind and the cold. He also reassured me that we don't need to cap them yet, as he is too young. Phew!...am I relieved. I can just imagine paying $2ooo on a mouth that gets more chipped teeth before he turns 9. HAHA!!! Anyway, he turned out to be okay and we got back to see most of the game. While we where home we stopped to take a picture to document the event.

2 comments:

Terina said...

Wow what an adventure! Never a dull moment right!?!

Tiffany Lamb said...

This reminds me of a situation, hhhmmm! Something about a swing set and some cousins. Maybe I'll remember later. hehe!!! Love ya Give Kaden hugs for me.